♕ Resolutions & Reflections... ♕

Seeing as today is July 1st, I think it’s fair to say we’re into the second half of the year...

Studies show that between 40% & 45% of adults make new years resolutions...

“...A New Year's resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day..."

Among the most popular resolutions are:

~ Weight Loss
~ Increased Exercise
~ Stopping Smoking

American Author, Mark Twain put it succinctly: “...New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, friendly calls and humbug resolutions.” In addition to this, Oscar Wilde wrote: “...A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.”

Statistics confirm that almost 97 percent of New Year's resolutions are never fulfilled & although many may eventually ditch their resolutions, statistics show that setting goals is valuable. Research shows that 75 percent do make it past the first week; 46 percent make it past the six-month mark.


Truth be told, I don’t make new years resolutions...

I like to take each day as it comes & make lifestyle changes as & when I see fit.


Did you make any new years resolutions?

Have you stuck to them?


Have you lost the weight you wanted to lose?

Have you got yourself that new part time job you were after?

Have you saved up half the money you need to move out with your significant other?

Have you passed all your exams?

Have you increased the amount of exercise you carry out?

Have you learnt not to allow minor issues & bad situations to hinder your ambitions?


Here are some funny New Year resolutions for 2010...

Source: Isavo


I will think of a password other than "password" or "hello".

I will not tell the same story at every get together.

I won't worry so much.

I will cut my hair.

I will grow my hair.

I will stop considering other people's feelings when they so obviously don't consider mine - if that unwashed fellow sits next to me again, I'll tell him he stinks!

I will be more imaginative.

I will not bore my boss by with the same excuse for taking leaves. I will think of some more excuses.

I will do less laundry and use more deodorant.

I will avoid taking a bath whenever possible and conserve more water.

Assure my lawyer that I will never again show up drunk at a custody hearing.

I will give up chocolates totally. 100%. Completely. Honestly....


To read the rest of the list, click here:


The list is endless...

Perhaps I could have a mid-years resolution?


Any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket Photobucket