Avon MagiX Face Perfector - SPF 20

Make up primers; specifically foundation primers are becoming more popular, with more & more brands catching onto the idea... In short, their purpose is to prepare the face for a longer lasting make up effect.

In the past, it has been recognised that you should moisturise prior to applying foundation, followed by either a loose or a pressed powder, to create the finished effect.

Face Primers give the added bonus of smoothing out imperfections; such as open pores &/or fine lines. In addition to this; face primers propose to keep your make up on for longer & so, should be beneficial to all age groups.

For the past couple of months; I’ve been curious to try a face primer... My UDPP is a god send; my eyeshadow’s survived tears; eyebrow waxing, tidal wave, foam parties & even those nights where I’ve forgotten to remove my make-up - the idea that something could have the same benefits for my entire face seems too good to be true, but this is not the case...

As an Avon representative; I had the opportunity to order the Beauty Icons Kit, prior to Campaign 15... I was pleased that this kit included Avon’s MagiX Face Perfector...

Taken from the Avon Site:

Light-as-air gel-powder gives you a naturally flawless look, keeping shine away for up to 10 hours* Skin looks brighter and feels ultra-soft with pores and fine lines visibly smoothed*. Wear alone to help skin look its natural, radiant best or smooth it on, then blend on your foundation for the ultimate professional finish. SPF20.
30ml

On Friday night, I applied the Face Primer as directed by the packaging... “Apply over face and blend evenly, use alone or under foundation” - You need to let the Primer settle before applying foundation, it only takes a few minutes... Once I applied the rest of my make up, I went out for the evening...

A number of people commented on my makeup throughout the evening & I have to say that by the time I’d taken it off, just after midnight everything was still in place...

I have a terrible habit of touching my chin & resting my face on my hand... it’s usually pretty obvious as my make up comes off, however, since using the primer over this weekend, I’ve not had the same trouble.

Obviously, it’s an added expense - but it’s definitely something worth investing in - even if you don’t choose to use it every day there are always occasions when you need your make-up to last that extra mile...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket Photobucket